Canadian High School and Mature Student Scholarship Award Program
Art & Technique Academy is proud to introduce the Scholarship/Grant/Bursary program to be awarded annually. Students in today’s society deserve every opportunity and encouragement to do what they love. Art & Technique Academy recognizes the term “giving back” and understands the financial needs for students to pursue their dreams.
How to Apply
- Application Form: Complete the Academy’s application/enrollment form and submit a photocopy of all entrance requirements. (All requirements must be met in order to qualify)
- Essay Requirements: Submit an essay of a minimum 500 words explaining:
- What motivated you to become interested in the beauty industry
- Why Art & Technique Academy should consider awarding you a grant.
- Letter of Recommendation: A reference/recommendation letter from 2 of the following: a professional salon/spa owner, guidance counselor, government official, teacher or training consultant on your behalf
- Photograph: A clear “head shot” photograph of yourself
The applicant must demonstrate outstanding qualities in the areas of leadership, community spirit, involvement and volunteering.
All submissions will be forwarded to Head Office (Oshawa Campus) and considered on an individual basis. The registrar will interview applicants and recipients will be notified and contacted personally. Recipients will be determined from a scholarship committee consisting of a minimum of 3 members. Scholarship recipients must enroll within the same calendar year in which the scholarship was awarded.
Scholarship/grants are issued in the amounts of $500.00 and $1,000.00(CDN).
Owners/employees of Art & Technique Academy and members of their immediate families are not eligible for the scholarship/grant program.
Recipients must maintain the status of a student in good standing while attending Art & Technique Academy. A recipient’s scholarship may be terminated if the recipient does not adhere to Art & Technique Academy of Hairstyling and Esthetics Rules, Regulations and Policies.